Slow Cooked Beef Pot Roast
This a great year round recipe that is easy to fix, and it makes a tasty, well rounded meal. Use your pressure cooker to make this recipe.
4 lb. beef roast
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup water
6 small red potatoes (not peeled)
salt and pepper
oil for frying
How to Prepare:
- Put oil in cast iron skillet, salt and pepper roast, and brown the meat over medium heat, turning it to brown all sides of the roast. Alternatively, some pressure cookers have a saute’ feature and you can use this.
- Remove roast to a platter and turn heat down to low under the skillet.
- In the same skillet mix together soup, dry onion soup mix, and water and stir to mix and get browned bits off bottom.
- Pour 1/2 mixture from skillet into Pressure Cooker, then place the roast in.
- Pour the remaining mixture from the skillet over the top of roast.
- Now Arrange the potatoes around the roast in the Pressure Cooker.
Cooking you Meal:
After you saute’ the meat, then put the rest of the ingredients in the Pressure Cooker and stir to combine the ingredients. You can cook this on “Slow Cook” on your cooker and it will take several hours for it to cook, generally about 6 to 8 hours (depending on roast size and your pressure cooker) or until roast falls apart and potatoes are tender.
These settings will depend on your Pressure Cooker. Sometimes a little experimenting is required!
After cooking, add more seasoning if desired.
You can serve this with candied carrots or with a combination of sweet and tangy flavors.